nedelja, 26. julij 2015

Pumpkin Prosciutto Pasta / Špageti s pršutom in bučo





“I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, 
or love at first sight. 
But I was beginning to believe 
that a very few times in your life, 
if you were lucky, 
you might meet someone 
who was exactly right for you. 
Not because he was perfect, 
or because you were, 
but because your combined flaws 
were arranged 
in a way that allowed two separate beings 
to hinge together.”

― Lisa Kleypas, Blue-Eyed Devil

Finally, the rain! Rainy days smell so lovely to me and a rainy day  is ideal day for all the things that I like doing. I was reorganizing and cleaning our apartment yesterday.  The apartment is now even more white, it can breathe and I'm calmer. Therefore, I enjoyed doing my favourites things even more! I was exercising, listening, dancing and sang along to 60' music, soaking my feet in water full of bubbles, oils and salt, I used varnish on my toe nails, while my lavender candle was burning, I put face nourishing mask on my face,  I was talking with my cat, processing these photos, I was watching the series from the 80s named Moonlighting and I ate quality food. Ahh ... Sunday, stay.

I promise … I promise, I promise that this recipe for creamy pumpkin sauce with prosciutto is some of the best I've ever eaten. Yes! I know I already admited in a non shy way in one of my previous posts, that my favorite food is Italian food and that I'm  really one piggy when it comes to pasta with a creamy sauce. Oh ... It's really difficult for me at this moment, when I am avoiding white flour. But if I would ever dig in a plate of these spaghetti, the ideal day would be this kind of, lazy  Sunday, when I could easily devour two plates of spaghetti! Buon appetito!

With love, Neja

Končno dež! Deževni dnevi mi zelo dišijo in takrat je idealen dan za vse stvari, ki jih imam najraje. Včeraj sem spet reorganizirala in pospravljala stanovanje. Stanovanje je sedaj še bolj belo, lažje diha in jaz sem mirnejša. Zato sem danes še toliko raje telovadila, poslušala , plesala in pela skupaj s musko iz 60ih, si ob prižgani svečki namakala noge in lakirala nohte, si na obraz namazala negovalno masko, se pogovarjala z mačkonom, obdelovala današnje fotografije, gledala serijo iz 80ih Delo na črno in jedla kvalitetno hrano. Ahh nedelja…ostani.

Obljubim ..obljubim, obljubim, da je recept za kremno bučno omako s pršutom nekaj najboljšega, kar sem kdaj jedla. Ja! Vem, da sem že v enem od prejšnjih zapisov prav nič sramežljivo priznala, da imam najraje italijansko hrano in da sem res ena pujsika, ko pride do testenin s kremnimi omakami. Oh…, res mi je težko ta trenutek, ko se izogibam bele moke. Ampak, če bi kdaj, bi res lahko na nedeljski, lenobni dan zmazala dva krožnika teh špagetov! Buon Appetito!

Z ljubeznijo, Neja
Recipe from: Handle the heat

The Recipe

Ingredients (4 servings):

12 ounces pasta
 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped
 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
 3/4 cup heavy cream
 1/2 cup chicken stock (or chicken stock cube)
 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more  for garnish
 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
 salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions: 

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.

Cook the pasta according to the package directions, or until al dente. Drain.

Cook pumpkin and puree it.

Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet. Add the prosciutto and cook, stirring until it begins to brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.

Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil and add the onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree, nutmeg, cream and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring often, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and sage. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Add the pasta and half the crisped prosciutto to the skillet and toss to combine. Divide the pasta among four plates and garnish with the remaining prosciutto and Parmesan cheese. Serve
Sestavine (4 porcije):

340 g špagetov ali drugih testenin
 3 čajne žličke olivnega olja
 85 g pršuta, sesekljanega
 1/4 skodelice drobno sesekljane čebule
 110 g buče
 1/8 žličke naribanega muškatnega oreščka
 175 g smetane za kuhanje
 1/2 skodelice juhe (ali 1 kocka, npr. goveja  kocka)
 30 g naribanega parmezana, plus več za  okras
 2 žlici sesekljanega svežega žajblja
 sol in mlet črni poper

Postopek:

Zavrite vodo in po navodilih skuhajte testenine, odcedite.

Medtem skuhajte bučo in jo spasirajte.

Segrejte 2 čajni žlički olja v veliki ponvi. Dodajte pršut in pecite, dokler  ne porjavi rahlo, mešajte in odstranite na krožnik.

Segrejte preostalo 1 čajno žličko olja, dodajte čebulo v ponev in jo pražite približno 2 minuti. Dodajte bučni pire, muškatni orešček, smetano in juho/kocko in pustite, da zavre. Pogosto  mešajte in kuhajte, dokler se ne zgosti, približno 5 minut. Vmešajte parmezan in žajbelj. Začinite s soljo in poprom.

Mešanici dodajte polovico pršuta in skuhane testenine. Premešajte, postavite na krožnik in po vrhu posujte s preostalim pršutom in parmezanom.

Share:

17 komentarjev

  1. Ah totally love me a rainy sunday too, it's like the world is giving you permission to stay in and do organisation and relaxing things! This pasta looks so good, never thought of using pumpkin in a sauce, definitely need to try! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Right?! Sweet rainy day is a perfect excuse to chill out and just forget about all the fuss outside...ahh, soo good! Oh you must try it! I loved it. x's

      Izbriši
  2. Pasta and pumpkin! Perfect combo! (You've got rain...I'm happy it stopped raining in the UK!)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh boy, you're from UK??!! I want to visit your land in the future. I know you have a lot of rain there but I love it either way! Take care!

      Izbriši
  3. I love anything that involves pumpkin and I can't wait for it to come into season. Love your recipe and photos!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Fall is basically here..oh Summer :( But Fall is so much fun, when it comes to cooking and baking. Pumpkins, apples, chestnuts, mushrooms, hot chocolate, pies, pasta, bread and many other comfort dishes! I love it! Thank you!

      Izbriši
  4. This looks delicious-- and gorgeous photos too!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. This looks delicious - I can imagine the flavours taste really good together #recipeoftheweek

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. This looks amazing! I love creamy pasta dishes :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Sounds and looks delicious!! Thank you for sharing! Perfect on this rainy day here in the U.S.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like
    to send you an email. I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing.
    Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I know this site presents quality dependent articles or reviews and other information, is there
    any other site which provides these kinds of data
    in quality?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Hey! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would
    be okay. I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Tell me something =)

© You CAN have your cake and eat it too. | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig